Domino's® and the National Fire Protection Association to Deliver Fire Safety Messages to Homes Across the Country
To help spread the message, participating Domino's stores will deliver flyers with fire safety tips on top of pizza boxes to customers throughout March.
"Domino's reaches thousands of people through carryout and delivery orders on a daily basis, and we want to use that opportunity to share fire safety tips with families across the country," said
On average, three out of five home fire deaths occur in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms, according to the NFPA. Having working smoke alarms reduces the risk of dying in a fire by 50 percent.
"Working smoke alarms can make the difference between life and death in a home fire," said
FireSafety Tips from Domino's and NFPA
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each separate sleeping area and on every level of the home, including the basement.
- Test alarms monthly by pushing the test button.
- Replace all smoke alarms when they are 10 years old.
- Replace any smoke alarm that does not respond when tested, even if it's less than 10 years old.
- Develop and practice a home escape plan with all members of your household.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.
Founded in 1896, NFPA is a global, nonprofit organization devoted to eliminating death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest in furthering the NFPA mission. For more information, visit www.nfpa.org. All NFPA codes and standards can be viewed online for free at www.nfpa.org/freeaccess.
Founded in 1960,
Order – dominos.com
AnyWare Ordering – anyware.dominos.com
Company Info – biz.dominos.com
Twitter – twitter.com/dominos
Instagram – instagram.com/dominos
Please visit our Investor Relations website at biz.dominos.com to view news, announcements, earnings releases and conference webcasts.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominos-and-the-national-fire-protection-association-to-deliver-fire-safety-messages-to-homes-across-the-country-300609312.html
Media Relations: Jenny Fouracre, 734-930-3620, email@example.com